Commissioner Guthrie signed the expansion of the Spotted Lanternfly Quarantine expansion, effective July 8, 2022 (the signed form can be found here).
The localities to be included in the Spotted Lanternfly Quarantine can be found below (and attached) on the image of the extended quarantined area.
You can view the recording of the Find it, Kill it Resource Session webinar by following this link.
- Dr. Theresa Dellinger, Insect ID Lab, Virginia Tech
- Dr. Doug Pfeiffer, Department of Entomology, Virginia Tech
- Grace Monger, Nelson County VCE
- David Gianino, State Plant Regulatory Official (SPRO), VDACS
- Dr. Dellinger’s Slide Deck – Attached
- Dr. Pfeiffer’s Slide Deck – Attached
- David Gianino’s Slide Deck – Attached
- SLF Fact Sheet: https://www.pubs.ext.vt.edu/content/dam/pubs_ext_vt_edu/ENTO/ento-319/ENTO-512.pdf
- VDACS Webpage for Spotted Lanternfly https://www.vdacs.virginia.gov/plant-industry-services-spotted-lanternfly.shtml
- Spotted Lanternfly Permit Holders: https://www.vdacs.virginia.gov/pdf/spotted-lanternfly-permit-holders.pdf
- Spotted Lanternfly Permit Training https://register.ext.vt.edu/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=1066947&selectedProgramAreaId=25575&selectedProgramStreamId
- Spotted Lanternfly Permit Brochure https://www.vdacs.virginia.gov/pdf/slf_permit_info.pdf
- Spotted Lanternfly Permit Application https://www.vdacs.virginia.gov/pdf/spotted-lanternfly-application.pdf
- Spotted Lanternfly Quarantine Map https://www.vdacs.virginia.gov/pdf/slf-quarantine.pdf
- Huge Resource Website for SLF www.stopslf.org
- Wine outreach information https://grapesandwine.cals.cornell.edu/newsletters/appellation-cornell/2021-newsletters/research-plain-english-ripe-jenkins-et-al/extension-focus-raising-awareness-tasting-rooms-about-spotted-lantern-fly/
Spotted Lanternfly Online Training Available
This course is presented by Virginia Cooperative Extension and the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. After successfully completing the course, you can submit your training credential and a completed Spotted Lanternfly Permit Application to receive your permit. Once you have the permit you can do your own inspections and fill out a check sheet for any load that is going to a place that requires an inspection for spotted lanternfly.
There is a $6 charge to register for the course. More information can be found here.
USDA Animal Plant & Health Inspection Service (here)
- About the Spread
- Printable Resources