Join VWA

Industry Memberships

Farm Winery & Farm Cidery

All Virginia Farm Wineries and Cideries are eligible to join the Virginia Wineries Association.

Dues paying members of the VWA have access to industry experts in a variety of fields including legal, labor, workplace safety, and marketing. Member wineries receive regular updates through email alerts, access to the Members Only website resources such as educational blogs, the Resource Guide, and access to the VWA Job Bank.

Each dues-paying winery has voting rights in VWA issues, including Board elections and By-Laws changes.

At every tier, Farm Wineries members receive the same benefits – see below. Dues are based on the number of 9 Liter cases sold.

9 Liter Cases Sold AnnuallyAnnual Dues
1,000 cases or less$375
1,001-2,500 cases$750
2,501-5,000 cases$1250
5,001-7,500 cases$1750
7,501-10,000 cases$2250
10,001-15,000 cases$3300
15,000 cases or more$4500

VWA asks that if you are the owner of multiple farm wineries, that you have each winery join individually with their corresponding membership tier.

Associate Memberships

  • Associate – this is for a non-winery entity that supports the industry.
  • Associate: Preferred Partner  this member type is also for a non-winery entity that supports the industry. It includes the Associate Membership, plus premium billing throughout this site, in printed and electronic materials and communications. Become a Preferred Partner
  • Associate: Vineyard – VVA members receive 50% off an associate membership with VWA. This does not apply to Farm Winery memberships. This offer is a $125 value! 

Benefits of Membership:

  • Gain access to the Resource Guide with sample contracts, regulations and laws in understandable terms specifically for the wine and wine grape industry.
  • Access to significant savings on goods & services through our Preferred Partner program
  • Access to the industry blogs and forums
  • Receive VWA’s alerts with industry, regulatory, state, national updates and to stay up to date with programs, initiatives, news and events
  • Attend VWA’s meetings and events at the members rate – such as the Annual Meeting & Conference, Governor’s Cup seminars and Gala, Rules & Regulation Round Ups, regional meetings, and the administrative fee for Governor’s Cup entries waived.
  • Legislative benefits for farm wineries: weekly updates from our advocacy team during General Assembly session, have a voice on legislative matters, invitation to serve on the VWA Legislative Committee, invitation to participate in conversations to set VWA’s Legislative Policy.
  • Receive access to our online Career Center to post jobs, review resumes and more
  • Dues are 96% tax deductible as a necessary business expense
  • Supporting to your industry and/or customers in Virginia

Payments to the VWA are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. The VWA estimates that 4% of your membership dues are not tax deductible for any reason under IRS regulations related to lobbying expenses; however, the remaining 96% may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense.